[android-porting] Android P porting on x86 platform
shahul hameed
2018-09-19 06:55:12 UTC
HI All.

I ported AndroidN on x86 based platform It is working fine.

Now i am planning to port Android-P, I just want to know if AndroidP is
completely available for development or not.

For porting AndroidN I have used kernel 4.16. Can I use same for AndroidP
or any kernel version requirement for AndroidP or any specific kernel
configurations required to be enabled for AndroidP?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
SK shahul.
Glenn Kasten
2018-09-20 15:48:16 UTC
I just want to know if AndroidP is completely available for development
or not.

Yes, please see this announcement:

Android 9 "Pie" source code is now available.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-building/PeF_PdaeB0U
For porting AndroidN I have used kernel 4.16. Can I use same for AndroidP
or any kernel version requirement for AndroidP or any specific kernel
configurations required to be enabled for AndroidP?

Please see all of the pages under
https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/kernel

and especially see this page:
https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/kernel/android-common

(but all of the other pages are important too).