[android-porting] Error customizing AOSP make files for TaintArt -- no rule to make target
Ayman Youssef
2018-08-31 19:30:58 UTC
Hello,

I'm currently building a customized version of AOSP (version 6.0) where I"m
using make files from project TaintArt (
https://github.com/mssun/taintart-art). I copied the make files of the
TaintArt project in the Android directory, they are the same naming
convention of AOSP make files, so they replaced the original AOSP files.
Now when I execute make the following error occurs;

$ make -j16
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=6.0
TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_arm64
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a15
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.15.0-33-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=MRA58K
OUT_DIR=out
Checking build tools versions...
including ./Android.mk ...
*make: *** No rule to make target
'out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt', needed by
'out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/checkpublicapi-last-timestamp'. Stop.*

#### make failed to build some targets (5 seconds) ####

Is it possible to get any help on how I can address this error?

note: I attempted to use "make update-api" but that didn't do any good.

Best Regards,

Ayman