[android-porting] X(java:sdk) should not link to Y(java:platform)
Pether Pettersson
2018-10-10 13:49:35 UTC
We receive this error when we are trying to add our own applications to a
copy of the android car emulator, which otherwise successfully builds and
runs. We are unable to get a grip on what this error actually means and how
to solve it, we have been looking at VNDK documentation but it all seems to
be ignored during build. We have no idea why it would decide to be linked
as sdk, and not as a vendor application as it should be. All works fine on
earlier versions of android.
zoli2k
2018-10-10 15:23:20 UTC

on Android 9 this should be only a warning. You are linking and SDK
application with the platform libs. Likely you need to bring your Android
makefile up to date.

Br,

Zoltan
Pether Pettersson
2018-10-10 16:27:02 UTC
It's failing the build for us and we haven't found a way to get past it.

What defines an SDK application? In our makefiles we see nothing of the
sort, and this occurs on all of the applications we have tried to move over
to the emulator.
Hi,
zoli2k
2018-10-10 17:09:13 UTC
This is the documentation you are looking for:

https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/vndk/build-system

you can check also build/soong/cc/vndk.go to understand how the dependency
check is done.

//Z
Post by Pether Pettersson
It's failing the build for us and we haven't found a way to get past it.
What defines an SDK application? In our makefiles we see nothing of the
sort, and this occurs on all of the applications we have tried to move over
to the emulator.
Hi,
Pether Pettersson
2018-10-12 10:35:15 UTC

yes, this is what we have been following, and we have set it as a vendor
module and modified board make files. But it has no effect on the build,
which is why i asked the question here. It seems simple just following that
guide, but alas..
Post by Pether Pettersson
It's failing the build for us and we haven't found a way to get past it.
What defines an SDK application? In our makefiles we see nothing of the
sort, and this occurs on all of the applications we have tried to move over
to the emulator.
Hi,