[android-porting] Disabling Android Boot Animation in Oreo and after.
Ranjeet Upadhyay
2018-10-16 12:37:25 UTC
I wanted to disable android's boot animation i am able to do it by placing
the flag *debug.sf.nobootanimation 1 * in *init.rc* file but this flag
doesn't work if i place it in *device.mk.*
*Could you please let me know why this flag doesn't work if declared in the
correspoding device.mk file.*
Satish Patel
2018-10-17 03:27:04 UTC
Another way of achieving this is -
Add below line to BoardConfig.mk
TARGET_SYSTEM_PROP := $(LOCAL_PATH)/system.prop

and
add system.prop file to device/<your device>/ with
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

or

if you would like to include inside device.mk then use
PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

--
satish
Post by Ranjeet Upadhyay
Hi,
I wanted to disable android's boot animation i am able to do it by placing
the flag *debug.sf.nobootanimation 1 * in *init.rc* file but this flag
doesn't work if i place it in *device.mk <http://device.mk>.*
*Could you please let me know why this flag doesn't work if declared in
the correspoding device.mk <http://device.mk> file.*
---
Regards,
satish patel
parthibx24
2018-10-16 15:48:35 UTC
Did you just added the line "debug.sf.nobootanimation=1" in your device.mk file?
Satish Patel
2018-10-19 09:58:16 UTC
Post by parthibx24
Did you just added the line "debug.sf.nobootanimation=1" in your device.mk file?
*PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES* += \
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
Post by parthibx24
---
Regards,
satish patel
Ranjeet Upadhyay
2018-10-23 07:31:21 UTC
I already have achieved this by adding required flag in init.rc but i want
the reason wht it doesn't work when provided in device.mk? is there any
restriction? or what could be the possible reason?
Satish Patel
2018-10-24 06:39:20 UTC
Post by Ranjeet Upadhyay
I already have achieved this by adding required flag in init.rc but i want
the reason wht it doesn't work when provided in device.mk? is there any
restriction? or what could be the possible reason?
Could be 2 reason

look at out/target/product/<>/system/build.prop : if this property does not
list here, then

- Possibly build system would have remove considering
"PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES".
- or somewhere else it is getting reset. Atleast in my case it is working
and i am on 8.1.0_r25

-
satish
Post by Ranjeet Upadhyay
---
Regards,
satish patel
Ranjeet Upadhyay
2018-10-26 08:58:58 UTC
Okay, Thank You! Satish I will look into it and update you my finding.
Post by Satish Patel
Post by Ranjeet Upadhyay
I already have achieved this by adding required flag in init.rc but i
want the reason wht it doesn't work when provided in device.mk? is there
any restriction? or what could be the possible reason?
Could be 2 reason
look at out/target/product/<>/system/build.prop : if this property does
not list here, then
- Possibly build system would have remove considering
"PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES".
- or somewhere else it is getting reset. Atleast in my case it is working
and i am on 8.1.0_r25
-
satish
Post by Ranjeet Upadhyay