[android-porting] Enforcing mode is not working
Akshay Mhaske
2018-08-28 06:00:31 UTC

I am trying to port the aosp project to x86 based platform.
With permissive mode everything is working fine. but I am not able to boot
with enforcing mode.

I am compiling the aosp source with user build variant. Compilation is
successful.

But while booting. I am getting following log.

Detecting Android-x86.... found at /dev/sda1
[ 2.125466] sysrq: Sysrq : Emergency Remount R/O

After that its restarting again.

Can anyone please help me ?
Akshay Mhaske
2018-08-29 04:07:21 UTC
Hi all,

I have attached the avc denied log in permissive mode.
hope this will help.
Hi,
Dana
2018-08-29 14:32:01 UTC
I'm no expert and you don't provide details, but it seems this is possibly more related to Linux than to Android. In case you don't have it, here's some permissive v. enforcing background: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/SELinux/Tutorials/Permissive_versus_enforcing

Unless you know this is an Android issue?
Ayman Youssef
2018-09-01 10:23:46 UTC

From my point of view I think its an Android problem relating to something
wrong in one of the make files. My problem is that I'm not sure which make
file, but it seems to me that the make files are missing a target to solve
the below problem. But which make file?

Appreciate any help I can get. Also, if you there is more details that I
can provide, please guide me.

Thanks.
Post by Dana
I'm no expert and you don't provide details, but it seems this is
possibly more related to Linux than to Android. In case you don't have it,
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/SELinux/Tutorials/Permissive_versus_enforcing
Unless you know this is an Android issue?
---
Akshay Mhaske
2018-09-04 06:33:43 UTC

Thanks for your response,

After fixing lot of avc denied errors I am able to change the selinux mode
to enforcing using setenforce 1 command.
But after that all the app are crashing link launcher 3, System UI etc.

I am attaching the log which I took after changing selinux mode to
enforcing. Hope this will help.

Also below error is appearing lot of times.
09-04 06:00:13.819 2213 2213 W RenderThread: type=1400 audit(0.0:120):
avc: denied { write } for path="/dev/dri/card0" dev="tmpfs" ino=12330
scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:device:s0
tclass=chr_file permissive=0

But I have included *"allow untrusted_app device:chr_file write;" *in
untrusted_app.te file.

Thanks.
Hi,